Cleanse – Skin cleanser
Step 1: Cleanse – Finally, a cleanser that works, but doesn’t dehydrateA botanically enriched natural cleanser that lathers to gently remove impurities, pollutants and makeup.
Ingredients selected for their anti-inflammatory and soothing properties.
Removes all makeup including eye makeup and lipstick in one action.
A unique hydrating formula that deeply cleans without stripping your skin.
Anti-oxidant ingredients that neutralise the harmful effects of pollution.
Focus on cleansingPoor cleansers contribute to skin dehydration and ageing. Here is why:
Healthy skin has a natural acid mantle, which acts as a protective barrier against bacteria, fungus and dehydration. The pH level of a healthy acid mantle is around 5.6, which is slightly acidic.
Soap, foaming or harsh cleansers remove the protective acid mantle. Your skin feels squeaky clean and dry. The problem with this is that your skin becomes sensitised, flakey and dehydrated.
Cleanse is a unique formulation that is gentle enough to emulsify oil, makeup and pollution without stripping the skin of its protective acid mantle. Cleanse rinses off completely, leaving the skin refreshed.
What’s so bad about dehydration?
- Dehydrated skin makes you look older.
- Optimal absorption of the ingredients in your moisturiser is inhibited in dehydrated skin.
- Lines and wrinkles form faster on dehydrated skin.
- Static lines are deeper on dehydrated skin.
- Facial expression lines form faster on dehydrated skin.
- Dehydrated skin is more likely to develop itchiness, sensitivities and irritations.
Spotlight on pollution – Part 1Cleanse removes pollution from your skin. Air pollution is created by industrial and car emissions. Pollution is most concentrated in cities but is also spread by wind and rain to rural areas. Pollution is comprised of particles that are so small that they are invisible to the naked eye. Scientists refer to them as “particulate matter” or “PM”.
1. Oil, dirt, makeup and particulate matter (PM) settles on the surface of the skin. It sticks and needs to be removed. 2. If allowed to settle on the skin, particulate matter will penetrate in between the cells of the epidermis and into the pores. Once here, these foreign particles activate a cascade of destructive biological reactions that measurably result in age spots and wrinkles.
griffin+row Cleanse contains centess+complex, a cocktail of pure plant extracts known for their antioxidant and regenerative properties directly targeting the causes of ageing, such as pollution.
Why is it important that your cleanser is pH balanced?The ideal pH of your skin is slightly acidic. Surprised? You might have expected that a pH of neutral is the desired outcome after cleansing, but in fact, your skin functions best if its natural acid mantle is left intact for three reasons:
- Bacteria and fungus growth are inhibited in acidic environments.
- An acidic environment indicates that cells are well coated with healthy lipids, and therefore transepidermal moisture loss (dehydration) is minimised.
- If the acid mantle is stripped, then the chemical balance of the skin is upset, which means that the skins’ natural cell turnover process fails to work properly.
Cleansing is supposed to be pH balancing. In other words, the process should leave your skin with an ideal pH level of about 5.6; either leaving a healthy pH balance intact or restoring the pH level of skin that has been stripped by poorly formulated skincare products.
Frequently asked questions
Why do I need to cleanse?
I have dry skin, should I be using a cleanser?
When do I need to cleanse?
Why not just wash with water?
Why not just wash with soap?
How is griffin+row Cleanse different from other cleansers?
Why don’t I need a toner with Cleanse?
Why doesn’t Cleanse foam up?
Why centess+complex in the cleanser?
What are the ingredients in Cleanse?
How to Use Cleanse
Read about the other steps of the griffin+row skincare system: 1 Cleanse 2 Exfoliate 3 Hydrate 4 Nourish 5 Enrich