This is arguably the biggest question of all in the world of skincare. The answer is that while we can’t totally stop skin ageing, we can do a lot to slow it down.
We are convinced that many women use expensive products which do nothing to slow down ageing. Worse, because a lot of products contain damaging ingredients, they may actually accelerate ageing.
The most effective steps we can take to slow down skin ageing include:
- A daily (morning and night) skincare routine that focuses on cleansing, gently exfoliating and protecting the skin. As part of this routine, we recommend that you add a product that hydrates your skin. Following the griffin+row daily routine, you simply spray on Hydrate before you apply your moisturiser – this has the benefit of rehydrating the skin and preparing the skin to more effectively absorb the moisturiser.
- Protecting the skin from the harsh elements – the sun, the wind and extreme cold is another powerful tool in slowing down ageing. Sunscreens, hats, scarves and skin protection products such as griffin+row Nourish and Enrich give your skin a layer of protection.
- Exercise is very important in stimulating blood circulation which feeds the new skin cells. Our skin actually has its own amazing way of renewal, fed internally by our blood circulation. However, cell renewal slows down as we age. A fit body helps maintain good blood circulation and therefore speedier cell renewal.
- Drinking water is the best way to internally hydrate our body and skin.
- A healthy diet is extremely important in maintaining healthy skin cell regrowth and a healthy skin appearance.
- No smoking – it dehydrates the skin and accelerates the signs of ageing.
Does skincare really make a difference?
It is said that there can be a 10-year skin age difference between women of the same age. Some of this difference can be genetic but much of it is due to how we care for our skin. A healthy daily skincare routine using products that have anti-oxidant and protective qualities is a really important tool in keeping the skin healthy and glowing.
Is the benefit of skincare related to price and brand?
Definitely not. Skincare is about our health, not a fashion item! What we apply to the skin is partially absorbed into our body (that’s why there are so many transdermal medicines). We should put the same care into what we apply to our skin, as the care we put into what we eat.
griffin+row products are made from selected plant extracts that are known for their anti-oxidant and regenerative qualities. Centipeda cunninghamii, for example, was used by the Aborigines for centuries to treat burns, inflammation, wounds, and sunburn.