This is arguably the biggest question of all in the world of skincare. The answer is that while we can’t totally stop skin ageing, we can do a lot to slow it down. We are convinced that many women use expensive products which do nothing to slow down ageing. Worse, because a lot of products contain damaging ingredients, they may actually accelerate ageing. The most effective steps we can take to slow down skin ageing include:
- A daily (morning and night) skincare routine that focuses on cleansing, gently exfoliating and protecting the skin. As part of this routine, we recommend that you add a product that hydrates your skin. Following the griffin+row daily routine, you simply spray on Hydrate before you apply your moisturiser – this has the benefit of rehydrating the skin and preparing the skin to more effectively absorb the moisturiser.
- Protecting the skin from the harsh elements – the sun, the wind and extreme cold is another powerful tool in slowing down ageing. Sunscreens, hats, scarves and skin protection products such as griffin+row Nourish and Enrich give your skin a layer of protection.
- Exercise is very important in stimulating blood circulation which feeds the new skin cells. Our skin actually has its own amazing way of renewal, fed internally by our blood circulation. However, cell renewal slows down as we age. A fit body helps maintain good blood circulation and therefore speedier cell renewal.
- Drinking water is the best way to internally hydrate our body and skin.
- A healthy diet is extremely important in maintaining healthy skin cell regrowth and a healthy skin appearance.
- No smoking – it dehydrates the skin and accelerates the signs of ageing.